Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Go

Well, I'm at work at the moment, doing a lovely awake night shift (that is total and pure sarcasm, by the way.)
It's 2 am and I have 6 more long hours to go (and stay awake to boot lol) so I figured it's a good time to write. Cuz I tried studying during my shift last night, and I honestly started nodding off! So none of that tonight.
Bob and Rollie (the inlaws) went down to Kelowna last weekend, as I wrote last time..and good/bad news, they've decided not to do it. The company interested in hiring Bob wasn't willing to negotiate anything (wage, vacation time etc) and what they were offering was like where he was 20 years ago. Not willing to take such a huge step back, and his EI has loads of time anyways, he's not feeling the squeeze to lower himself to taking it.
So, that means they'll be staying in PG. Which is nice, cuz I WONT move to Kelowna, and Rob won't consider moving back to MB. He was pondering it last week, but he changed his mind lol. So we're back to square one, what we'd both agreed on, that we're staying in PG at least for the time being.
There is a hamburger commercial on..man it looks so good. Mmmm.
Cept I cant have it :'( well I can have the burger, just not the bun. I found out I have insulin issues, as well as insulin-resistant muscles (which makes it worse) so I have to follow a strict diet. I have to eat according to the "glycemic index" of a food (aka how fast it breaks down for insulin to metabloise). No junkfood, sugar, refined carbs (white bread, potatoes, rice etc) just lots of veggies, select fruits, and protien. I've been eating this way for almost 4 months now, and have lost 22 lbs so far. It's been much slower the last couple months, but as long as it doesn't go the other way, I'm happy lol. I'm 4 lbs away from my second goal (my first was 6lbs ago) which is my wedding weight of 4 years ago!! So needless to say I'm pleased with my self discipline.

Anyways, enough for now, get back to my chores =p

4 Comments:

Blogger Jadis said...

Yay to almost everything except not coming back to us in MB! Love you!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Brynne said...

We miss you lots and lots here in MB you know. Tell Rob he's wrong, it goes with the Y chromosome. :P

1:59 PM  
Blogger Brynne said...

I'm not sure if bananas are one of the select fruits you're allowed (i hope so, yay potassium!) but I found this, and I thought of you, cause of how strict your diet is, this could maybe work as a treat? Or something? I haven't tried it yet, cause of my lack of working blender, but the person on Twitter I got it from said it worked and was good...
yay?
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

1:01 AM  
Blogger Big Mac mama said...

How absolutely sweet of you to think of me Brynne! And yes I can have bananas, as long as they're not completely ripe yet. I'll definetly give it a try and let you know how it turns out!
Think I have to learn how to make homemade ice cream first tho? lol

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home