Monday, June 01, 2009

Time Killing

So, about a month ago, I received the good news that I got a job at a company called AimHi. As a care worker for people with disabilities, be they mental, physical, developmental, whatever.

The only problem is, they say if you want get this job, you have to prove it by jumping through all these hoops. I have to attend training seminars (not paid) and I have to get a bunch of things, like first aid certificate, food safe, etc.

I calculated that between time not working, and paying for all these qualifications, by the time I actually start working, I'll have spent/lost over $1500.00 ....


What would someone do if they couldn't afford to accept the job?!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brynne said...

If you think the job is worth it, and if you're guaranteed to get it after all that, take out a loan/get a new job-only credit card.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Big Mac mama said...

Well I was able to do all the prep stuff on my own (err rather, Rob paid for it all, since I wasn't working in the time between) but I was more wondering about the single parents or other people that might be a little more hard pressed for the cash required for all these prereqs. =/

4:03 PM  
Blogger Brynne said...

yeah, re-reading it, it's obvious what you're saying...but i guess my answer still applies.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home