Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life, Isn't It Grand??

So, yeah, wow! I would apologise for the long span without posting, but anyone that reads this knows I've been on facebook in the meantime. So, you'll also know the biggest latest thing in my existance- I'm moving! And out of good 'ol MB!
Needless to say, it's a source of both excitement and anxiety. Our biggest hurdle is our house. We have to sell it before we go, of course, but we have to give it a facelift before we can sell it. We estimated by adding about $1000 more repairs on top of what we've already done to the house, we can sell it for near TRIPLE what we paid for it, I kid you not!

So the fence is done, the shed is about half done, but we still have to replace carpet in the computer room, redo some of the paneling in there, repanel some porch as well, and reroof the house. Once that's all done though, it will be a completely different house. I wish we'd taken pictures when we first moved in, before we did ANY renovating.
Rob and I have been packing a little every night or so, so hopfully by the time all our repairs are done in 5 days, by sunday (thats our goal) we'll be close enough to clean to be able to contact a realtor.
What Rob and I are most excited though, is living in the mountains. Prince George is norther than what we're used to, but smack dab in the middle of beautiful country! Now, don't get me wrong, I love Manitoba, but both Rob and I are ready for a change of scenerie, change of employment, the whole nine yards. My letter from CoNC should be here soon, to tell me if I got in or if I was too late in applying lol cross your fingers for me!
Well, I should get moving, I have a lot of errands to do today! Caio!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jadis said...

Yay a new blog post

5:23 PM  
Blogger jannafaye said...

as IF you are moving!!! holy crap. i am excited for you guys. mountains are pretty. don't forget about the little people back in strath!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home