Monday, March 23, 2009

Thoughts on Turning 22

Life is good.

Six months ago, I was quite depressed. Having just moved away from family, friends, and my familiar comfort zone, I felt very out of place and alone. Low on funds, and feeling forced to work a boring, dead-end cashier job just to survive.


Now, I'm determined to make the best of this new place; I'll never consider myself a "BC-an", but at least I'm not allowing myself to feel homesick for MB anymore. I've got an interview on thursday with a large company Rob fixes the computers for, I've heard through the grapevine the interview is pretty much just a formality for me. The starting wage? Almost $6 an hour more than I'm making right now. AND! It's more than just selling and ringing things through a cash register, which has been weighing really heavy on me lately-the "going nowhereness" of my jobs.

Money is no longer an issue- Rob not only has a good paying, steady job that he enjoys (most of the time) but his boss really likes him, and he's had several raises. We're doing so well, we have over half the money we'll need for Italy next year squirreled away, bought a new car a month ago (jeez is it sweet, I'm still scared to drive it, its so nice lol) and are looking at buying a house in a couple months.

So, this was supposed to be thoughts on my birthday, oops. I didn't want or need anything, but that made what I did get an extra treat. I'm older, more responsible (sometimes lol) Sometimes I feel young (I'm the youngest one at Salvation army by many years) sometimes I feel old, but who doesn't? Life is short,as soon as you're old enough to realise it, then you feel it.

Of course with another year ticking by, my mother and sister in law are asking about when kids are planned to arrive. Like I told Rob when we first got married; I want one more big trip, then I can settle down and have kids. Darn dad for making me fall in love with travelling!


I have no regrets for this past year..hopfully the next one will be just as bearable!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jadis said...

Good to hear from you, hun! My fingers are crossed for you!

7:14 AM  
Blogger jannafaye said...

SO GOOD to read updates! you make me happy.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home