Monday, June 21, 2010

Review: Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal

So; with our big vacation coming up, seeing family and friends that I haven't seen in forever, plus the fact that my smile has been a little dull lately, prompted me to pick up some at-home whitening strips. I didn't do any research before, I just picked the kind that sounded the best to suit me.
Plus the "Advanced Seal" ones were on sale, which I'll be honest, doesn't hurt. When the cost of one box of whitestrips is half the cost of a cleaning at the dentist, a sale is definetly a bonus.


PROS:
  • First and foremost, DO THEY WORK? And my answer is, a big yes! I've used them for 4 days now, and I thought I could see results after 2, and most definetly do by now. My teeth are noticeably brighter and whiter! 10 / 10
  • Ease of applying: I'd have to give an 8 / 10. They do go on well, but I find the ends don't stay stuck as well as the middle. They do stick well enough that I don't feel too weird talking with them on, but I probably wouldn't drink water, for fear of ingesting more stuffs.

CONS:

  • Ease of removing: 5 / 10. After leaving them on for the recommended half an hour, they are stuck on there GOOD! I have to use a toothpick to pry the edges up. And they leave a lot of the adhesive behind, which not only looks ew, but tastes ew. You definetly have to brush after removing them.
  • Aftereffects: 8 / 10. If you use them every day, you WILL experience sensitivity, due to the higher amount of whitener in the "Advanced Seal" whitestrips, because they're meant to work a little faster. I found my teeth were noticably sensitive in the evening of day 3, and it was painful to eat. I went out and bought some Sensitivity toothpaste though, and after a couple brushings with that has made it dissapear. As long as you use sensitivity toothpaste during your duration, you should be fine.
  • Taste: 8 / 10. Although they are high-tech and stick to your teeth considerably well, it's inevitable that some gel stuff will make its way into your mouth. I'm not sure how much escapes, but the taste is definetly livable, especially when you picture what you'd have to put up with if you were using those trays, or the paint-on whitener.

CONCLUSION: 7.8 / 10 Although there are some minor drawbacks, if you're looking to whiten your smile in the comfort of your own home, these puppies are the way to go!

There, now that I've had my fun, I guess I'd better find some work to do since I'm not getting paid to write reviews. Lol. Well actually, right now, I am! =p

2 Comments:

Blogger jannafaye said...

i love home whitening! i hate that taste it leaves in your mouth though...yuck. yay for reviews! they are fun. pumped to see you and your pearly whites soon!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jadis said...

Agreed-love nice teeth, hate that aweful taste! Safe trip, babe!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home